Do you ever pity your suitcase? Poor thing. You jam it full and sit on it, ooching the zipper shut and weighing it 9 times before the scale reaches not one ounce less than 50lbs, all the while hoping it does not split at the seams en route. Needless to say, practical packing is a great skill to acquire. So lets explore some space saving, travel friendly, versatile vacation wear to bring on your next getaway.
We should adopt a travel appropriate principle: Less is more. Wearing things twice is no faux pas, though I am not necessarily suggesting wearing the exact same outfit twice. So be creative in pairing different tops with bottoms and creating various looks with the same elements. Roll up your sleeves and loosen a few buttons for lunch and then tighten up the same shirt and throw on a soft shouldered sportcoat for dinner the next night.
Our top travel picks for 2018:
1.Tommy Bahama Suncost Shores T-shirt – a perfect blend of style and comfort. Also available in big & tall.
2. TravisMathew Beck Short – Prestige777 fabric will take you from the course, to the club, to the water.
3. Johnnie-O Hangin’ Out shirt – Designed to be worn hangin’ out, anytime, anywhere, for the ultimate in casual cool.
4. Southern Tide Stripe Performance Polo Shirt – Get your game on in this ready-for-action performance polo.
5. Tasc Performance 1/4 zip pullover – Super comfortable bamboo/cotton fabric is breathable and UPF 50+, while providing moisture-wicking with anti-odor protection.
Fashion Accessories for the Traveling Man
1. Maui Jim Sunglasses- Premium sunglasses designed to enhance your view in every sunlight condition.
2. TravisMathew Trip L Hat – This will immediately become your go-to hat.
3. Olukai Footwear – Designed to feel like you’re walking on sand.
Golfwear for the Course
1. Tommy Bahama Chip and Run pant – A great golf pant with stretch for comfort.
2. TravisMathew Cantina Jacket – Some say the green jacket is the most revered jacket in all of golf. We respectfully disagree.
3. Cutter & Buck Polos – Thinner than paper, your skin and suitcase will thank you. Also available in big & tall.
Additional Packing Tips
- Check the 7-day forecast before you pack
- Roll your clothes, it limits wrinkles and saves space
- Don’t pack for the worst scenario, pack for the best
- Wear your thickest layer on the plane rather than packing it
- Pack just enough toiletries to get you started and buy the rest when you get there
- Don’t weigh yourself down with extra shoe options
- Check your suitcase weight before you leave the house
Healthy Travel Snacks
- Hard boiled eggs = compact protein
- Dried fruit and nut mix = salty and sweet pick-me-up
- Rice cakes = light weight and low calorie
- Apple = keep the doctor away
- Green tea bags = energy boost along the way
May your packing be light, your journey adventurous, and your vacation as free as the wind. Soak up the sun and Bon Voyage!
Shop these great fashions and more at The Foursome Fine Men’s Apparel in Plymouth, MN